International Student Enrollment

New International Student Enrollment will be carried out at the Graduate Studies Office in January, 2020 (*). Please bring the following documents:

- Master's Degree equivalency form

- A copy of the Bachelor's Degree Certificate containing the date the degree was awarded (*)

- A copy of the Master’s Degree Certificate containing the date the degree was awarded – for Ph.D. candidates (*)

- A copy of the Undergraduate Studies Transcript

- A copy of the Graduate Studies Transcript (for Ph.D. candidates)

- A copy of the Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate.

- A copy of the RNE (Registro Nacional de Estrangeiros) or at least a copy of the RNE issue record (“protocolo”): the RNE number is issued by Polícia Federal, after the candidate’s arrival in Brazil. In order to obtain the RNE, the student must apply in advance (it may take over a month). Online applications can be completed prior to the candidate’s arrival. The date of departure must be planned considering all the requirements.

- A copy of the CPF (Cadastro de Pessoa Física): a taxpayer identification number. In order to obtain the CPF, the student must have the RNE. It is not essential for enrolling, but for the scholarship process. Without the CPF, it is not possible to have a scholarship. Students must be aware that it may take one or two months before they actually receive their scholarship payment, and must also be prepared for that.

- A copy of the passport with the biographical information (name, city of birth, etc.) and the student visa.

- A recent passport-size photograph.

- Research project signed by the applicant and the advisor (mandatory for Direct Ph.D. candidates).

(*) Applicants who have not been awarded their degrees by the enrollment period must contact the Graduate Studies Office for specific guidance. New international students must be in Brazil in order to enroll in person. After this period, enrollment requests can still be accepted, and students who have already been awarded scholarships will be able to keep them, but they will not be able to enroll in courses occurring in the second semester of 2016 if the enrollment in the Program occurs after the beginning of classes. Students who have any impediment must necessarily contact the Graduate Studies Office in order to obtain more information (including on the scholarship maintenance).