- Apply non-destructive analytical techniques for the identification and characterization of the materials from the collections of the partner museums;
- Generate information from the results of the technical and scientific research and confront with what is already known about these collections;
- Encourage the creation of study groups in areas related to the project to discuss the results generated about the nature of the collections;
- Include data to catalogs and other involved research tools to allow a more precise historic characterization.
- Enable better-informed conservation and restoration actions.
- Provide study to similar projects in the future.