Rules and Documentation
Rules and documentation for applying to one Permanent Position
Permanent Position for an Experimental Condensed-Matter Physicist
The job selection is carried by an Evaluation Committee comprise of five members. The process takes 3-4 days, and will be carried in three phases:
1. Judgment of the Curriculum Vitae with public argumentation examination,
2. A 50 minutes undergraduate-level lecture;
3. Presentation of the research project and its argumentation.
The lecture is for evaluation of teaching skills. The topic of the lecture will be picked at random from a shortlist of 10 topics of Introductory Solid State Physics, 24 hours before that lecture. All the phases will be graded on a scale of 0 through 10. The final score will be the weighted sum of the scores of the judgment of Curriculum Vitae (weight 4/10), of the scientific project (weight 3/10) and of the lecture (weight 3/10). The candidate with the highest score will be declared the winner.
If you are brazilian, then please read the materials found here, as the required documents are slightly different for foreign candidates.
If you are not a brazilian citizen you could find here detailed information concerning the examination. The documents you will need in order to apply are:
1. Copies of the pages of your passport which verify your identity
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (which shall be entitled “MEMORIAL”, on the top of the first page of the CV), containing extensive biographical information, education, all relevant experience (with full details, including description of areas of research and responsibilities), complete list of publications, awards, etc. At the end of the
CV, please include also a Research Plan (Statement of Research Interests). We need 10 copies of this document (CV + research plan).
3. Copies of the first pages of each publication cited in the CV, as well as of other titles and awards
4. Copy of your Ph.D. diplomma (or equivalent document issued by an institution of higher learning)
5. Copy of your Ph.D. thesis
6. Copy of the transcript of your graduate studies (or equivalent document that describes which courses you took in your graduate education and the grades you received in those courses)
7. Filled, signed form requiring that USP recognizes your Ph.D. diplomma - found here (DOC format)
IMPORTANT: The documents listed above must be received by us no later than March 23rd, 2017.
Please send these documents by express mail or courier service to the following address (brazillian candidates are also welcome to send their applications to the Department's office):
Rosana Batista Gimenes Biz
Secretaria do Departamento de Física dos Materiais e Mecânica
Instituto de Física da Universidade de São Paulo
(Ref. Concurso para Professor-Doutor)
Rua do Matão no 1371, Edifício Alessandro Volta,
05508-090 São Paulo (SP), Brazil